How to Make Iced Coffee to WOW Your Cottage Guests
Everyone is talking about back to school and fall these days. Maybe I’m just in denial but I’m not ready to let go of summer just yet. I plan on upping my endless summer game this weekend at the cottage with a re-invented summer classic: S’mores Iced Coffee.
You can find tons of fancy Pinterest recipes but I wanted to keep it simple with a ready in less than 5 minutes version.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1L chilled coffee
1L chocolate milk
1 250gm package of small marshmallows
1 box of graham crackers
1 can of whipped cream
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1. Brew your coffee and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. No time? Serve over ice (be warned, this will dilute the coffee!).
2. Crush 4-5 graham crackers in a bowl.
3. Fill glasses (I prefer mason jars) half way full (250ml) with chilled coffee.
4. Pour chocolate milk into glasses leaving a 1-inch space from the glass rim.
5. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of crushed graham crackers.
6. Add another layer of whipped cream and garnish with marshmallows & graham crackers.
(Want to take it to the next level? Lightly roast the marshmallows!).
Being that Canadian summers can be sunny one minute, hailstorm the next, you can easily make this a hot drink; simply use a mug and hot coffee instead.
(click image to shop the look)